2014 Big Red Service Award
Ron Miller, Jr., Charles Tinnel (owner), Kevin Hay, Jessica Gilbert, Tom Tinnel, Angela Heath, Jeff Mynarsky
The “Big Red” Service Award is being presented for the 10th consecutive year after being established by the Hall of Fame Committee in 2005. The award was established to honor a person, group, organization, or business that has gone beyond the call of duty to assist the Bellevue Redmen Athletic Department, Coaches, and/or the Bellevue Redmen Athletic Booster Club. The 2014 “Big Red” Service Award Recipient is Quality Welding, Inc.
Quality Welding, Inc. (QWI) was founded in Bellevue in 1979 by Charles and Patricia Tinnel. Quality Welding, Inc. is a complete fabrication company, specializing in industrial piping, fabrications, and maintenance support. They currently employ an average of 25 full time employees.
Quality Welding Inc. has been a great school and community partner for many, many years. They have been very active in the background assisting our Redmen Coaches and Athletic Department in a variety of ways. This list is just some of the efforts and work they have provided our coaches, kids, and athletic programs.
- Construction of weight equipment (cost savings $10,000-$15,000)
- Repair of weight room equipment items.
- Construction of the Strength Training Band Set-Up Wall in the old weight room, which is has been transported to the new Athletic Field House.
- Recondition of the Football Victory Bell.
- 40 loads of top soil donated for the practice field.
- Varsity Boys Locker Room locker restoration in the high school in 2009. Removed old lockers and repaired the steel mesh locker cages.
- Yearly sponsorship of the Bellevue Bob Bailey Wrestling Tournament and the Athletic Hall of Fame since its inception.
- Yearly sponsorship of the Athletic Booster Fall & Winter Program.
- Construction of the new Softball Scoreboard Beams (cost savings of $1,200-$1,500)
- Construction of the new Batting Cage Steel Poles for the Softball Program behind the high school, next to the field house. (Cost savings of $1,600). (12) poles constructed for the dual cage system.
It is an honor to give the 2014 “Big Red” Service Award to Quality Welding, Inc. Their willingness and commitment to our projects, kids, coaches, and community have been a great example of school and community service. They have been great school partners and we thank them for all their efforts and involvement.