2016 Big Red Service Award
Todd and Amy DeWitt
Todd and Amy DeWitt
The “Big Red” Service Award is being presented for the 12th consecutive year after being established by the Hall of Fame Committee in 2005. The award was established to honor a person, group, organization, or business that has gone beyond the call of duty to assist the Bellevue Redmen Athletic Department, Coaches, and/or the Bellevue Redmen Athletic Booster Club.
This year the Hall of Fame Committee is proud to announce and recognize Todd & Amy DeWitt as the 2016 “Big Red” Service Award Recipients. Todd & Amy are both Bellevue High School Graduates. Todd graduated in 1989 and Amy in 1990. They raised their two children Morgan and Dylan in their hometown of Bellevue, Ohio. They have been very active assisting their community throughout the years. As Morgan and Dylan entered Bellevue High School, they became very active in the Redmen Athletic Booster Club, supporting all student athletes in a variety of ways. Here are just some of the highlights on how both Todd & Amy have donated their time & efforts in support of the Redmen.
- Todd coached Little League for six years.
- Todd coached 5th & 6th grade football for three years in its early stages in Bellevue.
- Todd coached travel youth baseball (Bellevue Warriors) for three years.
- Todd & Amy have been active members of the Bellevue Athletic Booster Club the past 7 years. Todd serving as the Vice President for the past four years.
- Todd & Amy have sold game programs at volleyball and basketball games for past five years.
- Todd & Amy have worked numerous baseball & track concession stands during baseball and track seasons while Dylan and Morgan were participating.
- Todd & Amy have worked many football preview and football playoff game concession stands during the past 6-7 years, helping the Athletic Booster Club.
- Todd & Amy helped manage and work two youth biddy football tournaments in the fall of 2013 as fundraisers for the Athletic Booster Club.
- Amy created and spearheaded the Booster 5K run for two years. Todd assisted Amy with this undertaking. Seventy to eighty runners participated each year as a fundraiser for the Athletic Booster Club.
- Amy & Todd helped support the Bellevue Golf Team during Dylan’s high school career. They supported by feeding the teams and creating championship banners and yard signs. This was during some exciting NOL Champion seasons and State Tournament appearance seasons. Great times!
- Todd & Amy have raised over $55,000 over a four year period by organizing, managing, and running the Kalahari Youth Baseball Tournament. They have donated all profits from this three day weekend tournament to the Redmen Athletic Booster Club. Their management of this event consist of registering teams, collecting fees, setting tournament regulations, setting tournament brackets, field prep, hiring umpires, buying baseball supplies, creating T-shirts, and much more over this three day period each spring. This has been a great fundraiser for our Athletic Booster Club.
- Todd & Amy have both helped in upgrading the home baseball dugout. A very nice addition that has benefited the program.
- Todd & Amy both helped in dry walling, painting, installing new windows, counter tops, player storage cubicles, and much more in the upstairs of the baseball press box-- a clubhouse for the Redmen Baseball Teams.
Todd & Amy have been very busy behind the scenes and out in front of some of these big projects. They have earned this special honor and recognition as they have served the kids, coaches, and community with a lot of effort and pride.
Todd and his wife Amy continue to live in Bellevue. Todd is employed at Amcor Rigid Plastic as a Production Supervisor. He is also self-employed with his nine year business Supreme Restoration. Amy is employed by The Bellevue Hospital as a Medical Coder. Their daughter Morgan is a Findlay University Graduate, and will be pursuing her Masters Degree this fall as a Physician Assistant. Their son Dylan is currently a sophomore at Findlay University, where he is a member of the Oiler Golf Team.
The Hall of Fame Committee and the entire Bellevue City School System extend a huge thank you Todd & Amy for their service to the Bellevue School System and Bellevue Community. Congratulations Todd & Amy DeWitt as the 2016 “Big Red” Service Award Recipients.
Brian Schubert introduces Todd and Amy DeWitt and their Big Read Service Award.